I have, unfortunately, once again been struck by so much work that blogging has fell by the wayside. Thankfully, this is a good thing in many ways, because I have a whole lot of really cool stuff going on!
For example, I'm busy planning my new class here at Tufts on The Visual Linguistics of Comics, the first time such a class has ever been offered. I've actually posted the syllabus online. If you're in the Boston area and interested in sitting in or taking it, I encourage you to email me.
I've also got a host of projects going. Inspired by the types of thing I discussed in my last post on Action Star Substitution, I'm now running an experiment looking at this phenomena. I'm hoping to have it done by the holiday break, so perhaps I can post some preliminary data if things look interesting.
I'm also pleased to say that a follow up to my comparison of Japanese and American books (mentioned briefly here) has finally begun, despite wanting to do it for years now. An enterprising helper in my lab volunteered to take on the project, so hopefully this will eventually lead to some very interesting results, especially given that I've expanded the scope of the project to a lot more than just comparisons between countries.
Oh, and I've also got a massive paper on visual language grammar being refined, along with another huge visual grammar experiment in the works. Busy busy busy...